Thursday 19 November 2015

progress

I've landed on Jaques.

At least more so.

And goddammit-- David Jackson was right about the clothes and no makeup.

I very specifically wore clothes that made me feel boxy and uncomfortable as Emily. My goal was to find a way to make them feel comfortable as someone else. Wouldn't you know it, carrying myself differently and utilizing my hands in pants pockets made me feel more comfortable.

And I made some big strides in line delivery, which allowed for a lot of good, specific direction.

I wore my glasses to rehearsal today and it was like icing on the cake. Glasses even give me a mannerism-- pushing them on my nose.

I'm actually looking forward to rehearsal next week. I never thought the day would come. I still don't particularly like As You Like It and I certainly don't love some of the acting choices my peers are making, but we're starting to have a show here, and I'm starting to enjoy my contributions to it.

All the world's a stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment