Monday 13 June 2016

research thoughts - contextual studies

Last term, Steph told us specifically that we shouldn't do our presentations about people-- to not do a biographical presentation. Zak did a (shoddy) presentation about the life of Ben Jonson. I can only imagine he didn't fail, because today he did a (better but still wildly under-researched) presentation on the life of Noel Coward.

I just...

I do not understand.

I'm at a loss.

I get that I'm passionate about research and contextual studies, but with this assessment and the other (gasp) unmarked presentations for other classes, multiple classmates have admitted that they do the bare minimum to fulfill the assignment in the least amount of time-- especially the ones that aren't scored. It has come around a few times that things I've presented on later have questions asked about, as if it's never been covered-- so people aren't even listening to each other. So then what's the point? It's such a waste of time for us all.

It would be awesome if people could give a damn.

And not waste my time, since there are not enough hours in the day. I'd rather do my own reading/research.

And facilitate my learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment